Dig deeper into this year's most talked-about cyber threat.
Brokers selling Cyber and Tech E&O policies are increasingly aware of the threat of ransomware - with good reason. There's been a 350% increase in ransomware attacks in 2019, with attackers now focusing heavily on organizations like hospitals and municipal governments.
On December 3rd, 2019, Corvus brought together two experts on ransomware from insurance and cybersecurity to discuss what insurance brokers need to know about ransomware and how it relates to cyber exposure.
The discussion covered:
- Attack vectors: why phishing remains the primary threat
- Remediation: how your clients can prepare by "practicing during peacetime" and know exactly what to do in the event of an attack
- When to pay, or not pay, a ransom
- Post-breach: how to rebuild systems and what insurance will cover
- How you can expect cyber liability policies to help at each stage